This section includes scale and location of any new housing, conservation area and the need for more aordable housing.
Housing needs surveys were carried in in 2003 and 2009. These identied a shortage of affordable houses to rent.
Respondents to the Village Plan questionnaire said the following types of development would be acceptable:
- 61% indicated single dwellings in controlled locations
- 60% conversion of redundant buildings
- 44% small groups of less than 10 houses
- 21% none
- 8% expansion on the edge of Foxton
- 7% carefully designed larger groups
What do you think now? Do you see other housing issues?
Please leave a comment below. Tick “yes” to allow us to use your e-mail address to contact you in the future regarding the Neighbourhood Planning process.
Your comments will be collected and used for analysis when the consultation
closes. Please note that if you would like to comment directly on an issue
to the Parish Council, please use the Parish Council web site: